placeholder - do not remove Ray Law International

At Ray Law International, We Develop Effective and Innovative Immigration Solutions for Clients

Immigration Lawyer in Chicago 

Welcome to Ray Law International

Immigration or naturalization can be quite a long and arduous process, and without the proper assistance, it can feel borderline impossible. 

Whether you are considering taking the first step or are already partially underway on your journey, finding the right immigration attorney in Chicago can make a world of difference. 

Not only will you save time and resources, but you can also find the peace of mind that you are completing each step in the process properly and are on the fastest route to your immigration goals.

Schedule an appointment with Ray Law International by calling (888) 474-8048 today!

Why Choose Our Chicago Immigration Attorneys?

At Ray Law International, our Chicago immigration lawyers have offices located across the country. No matter what office you choose to visit, you will be met with the same care, diligence, and quality of work. 

Additionally, you will find the signature “Ray Law Advantage” and the knowledge gained over the course of more than two decades of practice.

The following are several benefits of hiring our team:

  1. We have years of experience to guide you through the complexities of the immigration process
  2. We can examine your case and determine all your available legal options to meet your immigration goals
  3. We can help you avoid making any mistakes with your paperwork and during the legal process
  4. We can assist you with obtaining the permits you need to live and work in the United States
  5. We can protect your rights and best interests inside and outside the courtroom

Contact us today at (888) 474-8048 to speak with our experienced and knowledgeable immigration lawyer in Chicago.

Types of Visas We Can Help With

Our Chicago Immigration lawyers can assist individuals and businesses with navigating the complexities of various visa categories, ensuring compliance with immigration laws, and advocating for their clients' immigration needs.

1. Family-Based Visas

2. Employment-Based Visas

  • H-1B Visa (Specialty Occupation)
  • L-1 Visa (Intracompany Transferee)
  • O Visa (Extraordinary Ability)
  • E-2 Visa (Treaty Investor)
  • TN Visa (NAFTA Professionals)

3. Investor Visas

  • EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa
  • E-2 Treaty Investor Visa

4. Student Visas

  • F-1 Visa (Student)
  • M-1 Visa (Vocational/Non-Academic Student)

5. Temporary Worker Visas

  • H-2A Visa (Agricultural Workers)
  • H-2B Visa (Non-Agricultural Workers)
  • H-3 Visa (Trainees)

6. Exchange Visitor Visas

  • J-1 Visa (Exchange Visitor)
  • Q Visa (International Cultural Exchange)

7. Diversity Visas

  • Diversity Visa Lottery Program (Green Card Lottery)

8. Special Immigrant Visas

  • U Visa (Victims of Crime)
  • T Visa (Victims of Trafficking)
  • VAWA Visa (Victims of Abuse)

9. Humanitarian Visas

  • Asylum and Refugee Status
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS)

10. Other Visas

  • Visitor Visas (B-1/B-2)
  • Religious Worker Visas (R-1)
  • Diplomatic and Official Visas (A, G)

Contact Our Chicago Immigration Lawyers

Having an experienced attorney can significantly increase your chances of success and ensure that your rights are protected. Our knowledgeable Chicago immigration attorneys can guide you through the process, advocate on your behalf, and help you achieve your immigration goals.

Contact us today at (888) 474-8048 to speak with our experienced and knowledgeable immigration lawyer in Chicago.

Immigration FAQ

What are the different types of employment visas available?

There are several types of employment visas available, including H-1B visas for specialty occupations, L-1 visas for intracompany transfers, O-1 visas for individuals with extraordinary ability, and TN visas for professionals under NAFTA, among others.

What are the common challenges faced when applying for an employment visa?

Common challenges may include meeting specific eligibility criteria, navigating complex immigration laws, securing employer sponsorship, and ensuring all documentation is accurate and complete. It is advisable to seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to address these challenges.

How can I sponsor a family member for immigration to the United States?

As a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may be eligible to sponsor certain family members for immigration to the United States. Our attorneys can help you understand the sponsorship process and navigate the requirements.

Can I bring my spouse and children to the U.S. through family-based immigration?

Yes, spouses and unmarried children of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents are eligible for family-based immigration. Our attorneys can assist you with the application process and guide you through the steps to reunite your family in the United States.

Can I apply for a green card through employment sponsorship?

Yes, certain employment-based visas may lead to permanent residency (green card) in the United States. Our attorneys can assist you with the process of obtaining a green card through employment sponsorship and guide you through the necessary steps.

How can I sponsor foreign workers for employment in my U.S. company?

Employers in the United States can sponsor foreign workers for employment through various visa programs, such as the H-1B visa program for skilled workers and the EB-5 immigrant investor program. Our attorneys can help your company navigate the complexities of business immigration and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.

What are the requirements for obtaining an EB-5 immigrant investor visa?

To qualify for an EB-5 immigrant investor visa, applicants must make a qualifying investment in a new commercial enterprise that creates jobs for U.S. workers. Our attorneys can assist investors with the EB-5 application process and guide them through the steps to obtain lawful permanent residency in the United States.

How long does the immigration process take?

The timeline for immigration processes can vary depending on the type of visa or immigration benefit sought, government processing times, and other factors. Our attorneys can provide you with an estimate of the expected timeline based on your specific circumstances.

Do I need an attorney for my immigration case?

While it's possible to handle some immigration matters on your own, having an experienced attorney can significantly increase your chances of success and ensure that your rights are protected. Our knowledgeable attorneys can guide you through the process, advocate on your behalf, and help you achieve your immigration goals.

Call (888) 474-8048 today to schedule a free consultation and find out how the Ray Law Advantage can benefit you!

How Our Chicago Immigration Attorneys Can Help

Comprised of the promise of expertise, speed of resolution, and consistent communication and follow-up, the Ray Law Advantage will uniquely equip you to find success in any of your immigration goals.

Whether you seek immigration representation, a citizenship attorney, or anything in between, scheduling a consultation at any of the Ray Law International locations is the first step. 

We will discuss the details of your specific circumstances and decide on the path that will be most advantageous for you. We take pride in being one of the only immigration firms in the country that will give you a firm and realistic timeline in which your process may be completed. 

At Ray Law International, you are not just a case number. Our Chicago immigration lawyers handle each client who walks through the doors with the respect, care, and compassion they deserve. 

Trust Our Immigration Expertise

.One may take many paths to immigrate or naturalize, and if you have not already determined what is suitable for you, we can help. Each method has its set of benefits and limitations. Still, due to the complex nature of the regulations imposed by the U.S. government, it can be challenging to determine how to begin the process. For a more detailed and in-depth examination of which will fit your situation, schedule a free initial consultation today with the our immigration attorneys in Chicago, IL.

The Ray Law International Team

Achieving Your Immigration Goals Worldwide

Ray Law International is committed to providing you with our signature Ray Law Advantage every time: Expertise that ensures you're on the fastest route, timely and proactive communication, and competitive pricing. 

Are you a global business or an international professional, or do you have family around the world? Our Chicago immigration attorneys successfully serve a variety of clientele to navigate the complex immigration process, bringing you peace of mind.

Ray Law International offers a fee-based pricing structure so you know what our services will cost from the start. If you prefer billable hours, we can accommodate this as well. We go a step beyond to continually update you on your case status.

The Ray Law Advantage includes our dedication to collaborating with you, face-to-face, to develop a clear, comprehensive plan.

United States immigration law establishes who is and is not allowed to enter the country. It also determines how long someone can be in the country and whether or not they are allowed to work or go to school during their stay. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is an agency that oversees the nation’s naturalization and immigration process. It is one of the three components of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, along with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

  • PLAY

Ways We Can Serve You

E Visas 

Treaty trader and treaty investor visas were an effort to make it easier for foreign business leaders to conduct business in the United States. These visas are not available to every country on the globe, so they are special. A lot of work on behalf of the foreign countries has gone into developing the necessary relationship with the U.S. to allow their citizens to be able to own a business in the U.S. These companies can bring new jobs in specialized fields that can benefit the U.S. and the home country. 

You may qualify to apply for an E visa if you are a treaty trader or an investor and will be traveling to the United States under a treaty of commerce and navigation between your home country and the U.S. Note, however, that E visas are non-immigrant visas. The purpose of these visas is to conduct business and not for citizens of other countries to move to the U.S. They are temporary visas. Other individuals who can apply for E visas include spouses and children (under the age of 21) of the treaty trader or treaty investor, or the children of their employees.

A U.S. consulate or embassy overseas must issue your E-1, E-2, or E-3 visa before you arrive in the country. However, the U.S. company you are working with can request a change of status once you have arrived. The application will be processed by USCIS to see if a change of status or an extension of stay will be granted. E Visas, otherwise known as treaty trader visas (E-1) or treaty investor visas (E-2), are for foreign nationals from certain countries that have a treaty of friendship, commerce, or navigation with the U.S. 

In order to qualify for one of these visas, you must be traveling to the United States for one of these two purposes:

  • You plan on carrying out a substantial trade between the U.S. and one of the treaty countries
  • You plan to work in the U.S. in the development and leading of an enterprise in which you are invested

In order for your status to be changed, you have to meet certain requirements according to U.S. immigration laws and regulations. If you wish to remain indefinitely in the United States, you must apply for an immigrant visa. Once you have left the United States, you will need another E visa in order to return and continue conducting your business.

Family Immigration

​The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) caps how many families are allowed to move to the United States per year. The person who wants to sponsor the family is the petitioner, and they must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. In order to immigrate, the beneficiary must be an immediate family member or fall within a family preference category. 

These categories include:

  • Family First Preference (F1): The unmarried daughters and sons of U.S. citizens, as well as their minor children if they have any. This is capped at 23,400 per year.
  • Family Second Preference (F2): This includes the spouse and children (under age 21) of the sponsor. Note that married children and their children receive preference in this category over unmarried sons and daughters. This is limited to 114,200 per year.
  • Family Third Preference (F3): This includes the married adult children of the sponsor, as well as their spouses and children who are minors. This is capped at 23,400 families per year.
  • Family Fourth Preference (F4): The siblings of U.S. citizens and their spouses and their minor children may apply in this category as long as the sponsor is at least 21 years of age. This is limited to 65,000 families per year.

At Ray Law International, we understand how important it is for families to stay together. We also understand that families have to make quick decisions regarding their safety and their immigration status. 

We can help you navigate the following types of family immigration issues:

  • Form I-751 waiver: If your spouse is physically and/or emotionally abusive and is a U.S. citizen, you may be able to file a Form I-751 without your spouse. If they are using your immigration status as a way to control you, this may be your best option. You can also file the Form I-751 if your children or parent(s) are conditional residents and were abused or battered by your U.S. citizen spouse. However, this waiver is only available for conditional residents. 
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA Petitions): If you have not received your green card, you cannot file a Form I-751. If you are being abused or battered by your U.S. citizen spouse, or if your abusive spouse is a lawful permanent resident, then you have another option to self-petition. Some victims are afraid that their spouse will use their immigration status against them, but as a victim of domestic violence, you can fill out a Form I-360 (Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant) without needing to be sponsored by your abusive spouse. Even though the name includes the word “women,” men are also able to self-petition under a Form I-360 waiver. 
  • I-212 waiver: If you are seeking lawful reentry to the United States after being deported or removed, you can file a Form I-212 (Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission After Deportation or Removal). You must file this form while still abroad and remain there until you are legally able to enter. You may file one of these waivers only if you have been found admissible to the United States based on sections 212(a)(9)(A) or 212(a)(9)(C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). If you are unsure of why you were removed from the United States, be sure to review the documents given to you during your removal proceedings, as those will list the reason. 

EB2 Visas

EB2 visas are offered to individuals attempting to immigrate who possess advanced degrees or certifications in a field or are exceptionally talented in the sciences, arts, or business. In this category, more than in some others, retaining the services of a seasoned Chicago immigration attorney is all but required. 

When preparing to apply for this visa, particular documents must be provided. If you claim exceptional ability, evidence of work experience or a demonstration of that skill must be turned in. A sub-category of this visa makes national interest waivers available. To qualify for it, you must demonstrate that you possess the necessary skills or abilities to benefit the national interest of the United States.

Corporate Immigration

For individuals who have significant investments or conduct a great deal of trade in the United States, E-2 and E-1 visas are the path for you. However, the specific qualifications and guidelines while applying for these options can be muddy and challenging to decipher without the assistance of an immigration law firm. 

Since many requirements must be met and proof of specific financial data must be provided, there are many moving parts in the process. But with the expertise of an attorney on your side, the qualifications can be simplified, and you will be on a streamlined path to immigration.

At Ray Law International, our Chicago immigration attorneys understand that the corporate and business world operates quickly, and time becomes a valuable commodity. The Ray Law Advantage will allow you to have a clear timeline of your application, and you will be kept up to date on all factors surrounding its status. 

The sooner you begin the process, the sooner your application can be examined and accepted. Contact us our immigration lawyers in Chicago today to take the first step on the path towards your E-1 or E-2 visa.

Fiancé Visa

​It is important to decide whether an immigrating partner will want to enter the country with a spousal visa or a fiancé visa. For some couples, it makes more sense to get married, then apply for a spousal visa. However, it’s really a personal choice between you and your partner, and you may have big plans that are too difficult to move. In that case, this is an alternative route to the spousal visa. 

A fiancé visa, or K-1 visa, can be issued to the engaged partner of a U.S. citizen. The important thing to remember here is that you have 90 days to get married once you arrive in the United States. Upon arriving here, the spouse who is immigrating will be able to apply for a green card. 

Green Cards

We have been handling green cards for clients just like you for years, with hundreds of successful cases and satisfied customers to our name. Our clients can count on our green card expertise to manage the legal framework supporting their endeavors. 

How Long Does It Take to Get a Green Card?

In general, processing an employment-based green card takes about one year for visas that are low in demand. They can take up to six years for visas that are higher in demand or have limits. For family visas, the wait can take anywhere from 12 months to a whole decade to have a visa approved. A lot of the delays are often linked to not filling out the proper paperwork or submitting incomplete applications. This is why it is integral to speak to an attorney immediately upon deciding to visit the United States. 


After obtaining your green card and completing all obligations throughout your time in possession of it, the next step toward becoming a full-fledged United States citizen is to undergo naturalization. However, there are still pitfalls, and many possible mistakes that can halt your journey. Seeking the assistance of lawyers can aid in avoiding many of these common mistakes and expedite the process as a whole

Request for Evidence

Don’t struggle through stressful requests for evidence. Our experience can help you methodically work through each objection that has been raised against you in your immigration case. The status of you and your family is on the line.

Healthcare Immigration Services

Got a healthcare immigration services case on your hands? We are ready to help. Ray Law International has the legal knowledge, skills, and experience to advise clients on these matters. We are proud to extend our professional services to help you overcome your legal immigration challenges.

Sports Immigration

Baseball, soccer, golf, tennis, fishing, racing, ballet, dance, rugby, ice skating, basketball, football, or whatever your passion is, the visa and green card application process can vary greatly depending upon your circumstances. Ray Law International specializes in creating the most straightforward immigration path for each person, be it through an employment or family connection. Avoid wasted time and green card application denial by selecting an expert who can simplify the process and guide you through each necessary step. Our Chicago immigration attorneys have successfully helped thousands of clients and speak many languages to ease your immigration experience. While the green card application forms themselves can be overwhelming, trust Ray Law International to simplify it.

  • “I could not imagine finding a better firm to help me” - Peter-John
  • “Anthony does not just ask questions, but really provide analysis and potential best solution.” - Qian
  • “We felt that they were extremely knowledgeable and that their fees for representation were fair and reasonable.” - W. K.

Expertise, Timing | Communication

Ray Law Immigration Offers Everything You’ll Need From Start to Finish

Beginning with a free 15-minute phone consultation, we learn if your particular needs will be well-served by our team. 

After learning about you and meeting in person, clear next steps are drafted to help you collect and complete all the extra details needed to submit your application. Whether you are immigrating for work, are hoping to bring a family member/fiancé(e), or need assistance coordinating a defense for your RFE, Ray Law Immigration is here for your essential immigration services.   


Our Chicago immigration lawyers have 20 years of experience and have completed thousands of immigration cases for corporate and individual clients. Our cultural understanding is rooted in having studied and lived for extended periods in the countries we serve.


Immigration is run by the U.S. government and can be a complicated, stressful process to navigate. The experience that Ray Law International lawyers bring to your immigration journey ensures that you are on the most direct path to reach your immigration goals. Our team will advise you on the necessary steps for achieving immigration and the current estimated waiting periods issued by the U.S. government for each of these. Most importantly, we are always up to date on the constantly changing policies and procedures issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Because we specialize in your goals, we can complete every application step quickly and efficiently so there are no unnecessary delays. We mean it when we say that you are on the fastest route.


We call you back — guaranteed. You matter to us. We know that your future — as well as that of your family and company — is affected by the work we do to serve your immigration needs. So, we have developed this guarantee to hold ourselves accountable to our promise


Contact Ray Law International

Your Biggest Advocate Throughout Your Immigration Process

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy