Do you have immigration or business experience and pride yourself on accuracy and attention to detail? Do you want to work for a small firm who will value your contributions? Are you looking for a full-time job?
We are looking for a reliable legal assistant that will support us. The goal is to support the attorney and paralegals with various immigrant and nonimmigrant visa types while meeting our clients goals timely and accurately.
Immigration Legal Assistant
Our Law Firm:
Ray Law International is a boutique immigration law firm that provides exceptional legal assistance to corporate clients, professional individuals, and families around the world. We pride ourselves on our high level of client satisfaction and care by providing clear comprehensive solutions and ensuring our clients are continually updated on their case status at all times. Along with taking care of our clients, we also value our employees. Our firm is committed to providing a cooperative, supportive and positive work environment where everyone’s contributions are appreciated and respected.
- Prepares legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for immigration legal forms and documents, including petitions, applications, complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings.
- Mail, fax, e-mail or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence and documents to clients;
- Receive and place telephone calls;
- Make photocopies and/or scan of client documents; government documents and related legal documents, and other printed matter;
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files;
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, meetings, or networking events, and take notes;
- Review government resources and websites to identify procedural and legal changes in case processing and updates to forms and fees;
- Perform secretarial duties utilizing legal terminology, procedures, and documents.
- Assembles immigration and legal case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, and evidence.
- Prepares for immigration individual hearings by preparing briefs, exhibits, subpoenas, evidence, and motions.
- Maintains calendar by entering and updating requirements, deadlines, hearings, client appointments, court dates, and meetings.
- Protects law firm’s reputation by keeping client information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading legal publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances firm’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- In a limited capacity, support the firm in marketing, sales and financial matters or events.
- 2+ years of recent business professional experience (immigration preferred)
- Business Japanese fluency (Reading/Speaking/Writing)
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Individual must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, oral communications and interpersonal skills
- This job requires self-motivation, personal responsibility and strong attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Outlook (Email and Calendar), Excel, Word, Windows
- Must be able to learn new software programs and tasks quickly and execute them efficiently and with a high level of accuracy
- Required to portray a positive and professional image
40 hours per week
Monday – Friday (5 days)
Ray Law International, P.C.
• In Office Only - Fort Lee, NJ
From $25.00 - depending on experience
Submit cover letter, resume, references, salary requirements and copy of degree transcripts to: