Chicago Family Immigration Lawyers
Helping Families Through The Immigration Process in Cook County
Ray Law International is pleased to offer family immigration services. With over 20 years of experience in the field, our lawyers have been honored to represent families throughout the immigration process and witness incredible success stories.
While it may seem that retaining the services of a family immigration lawyer can be expensive and unnecessary, it is incredibly important to consider the benefit that a trustworthy attorney can provide. When you and your loved ones’ futures are on the line, you can never use too much precaution. Ray Law International has a proven track record of success and is dedicated to our client’s interests and wellbeing.
Immigration Services We Offer
We offer a full range of immigration services and are happy to be able to provide legal counsel and representation for any family-based immigration matter. Our team focuses on delivering knowledgeable and thoughtful guidance throughout every step of the immigration process, and we are regarded for our compassionate practices.
Immigration law, processes, and systems are in constant flux. It is always easy for mistakes to happen in the application process, even more so when the applicant is not updated on these regulations and procedures.
Any oversight in the application process can result in loss of time, money, and even the loss of the possibility of being approved. This is especially important to keep in mind, as there are only a limited number of visas available for some family-based immigration applicants each year due to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
Are you looking for a family immigration lawyer? Our family immigration attorney in Chicago is ready to represent you. Call Ray Law International today at (888) 474-8048 or contact us online to get started!
Family-based immigration is a process by which a family member with either U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residence status who is 21 years or older (the petitioner) files an immigrant visa petition for their family member (the beneficiary).
The types of family relationships that qualify for family-based immigration petitions are different for U.S. citizens and legal residents (green card holders), as green card holders have a smaller and more specific set of relatives for whom they are permitted to file petitions.
What are the Two Categories of Family-Based Immigration?
There are two categories of family-based immigration visas:
- Immediate relative: You may petition for this type of visa if you are a U.S. citizen. Beneficiaries of this visa have a very close family relationship with a U.S. citizen, and the number of these visas available is not limited each year. Eligible beneficiaries of immediate relative visas may be spouses, parents, or unmarried children (under 21) of U.S. citizens.
- Family preference: These visas may be available to relatives of U.S. citizens with a more distant family relationship, or they may be available to some specific family members of legal residents. This usually applies to siblings of U.S. citizens and unmarried children (over the age of 21) of U.S. citizens. Family preference visas are limited in number each fiscal year.
Depending on the circumstances of the specific case at hand, the beneficiary of a family-based immigration visa may be able to claim their spouse and/or dependent children as derivative beneficiaries.
In family-based immigration visa cases, there are limitations to the types of relatives eligible to be beneficiaries. This means that eligibility for the direct petition is not available to aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews, grandparents and grandchildren, etc.
Family immigration can be a very complicated and emotionally fraught process. With immigration processes focusing on volatile lawmaking and public opinion, it is essential to have an attorney you can trust.
When seeking a family immigration lawyer, consider the following aspects in your search:
- Thoughtfulness: When you speak with an attorney, it is important that you feel heard and that your questions and concerns are understood and responded to. Seek an attorney who you feel comfortable with and believe will be able to guide you through your situation with care.
- Expertise: Having a confident and skilled attorney is the most valuable resource when navigating an immigration law matter. Look for an established law firm with excellent testimonials and years of experience in the field.
- Finances: It is important to consider your financial situation and find an attorney who will meet your needs fiscally. Working with an attorney will usually save you a considerable amount of time, money, and stress in the long run. Finding an attorney who works with your financial situation is the first step to that end.
Contact Our Chicago Family Immigration Attorney Today
If you are searching for the best law firm for immigration law, please consider Ray Law International. With over 20 years of experience, we believe we are uniquely qualified and positioned to meet the needs of a wide range of clients. We are ready to speak with you about your immigration matter.
Contact Ray Law International today to schedule a consultation!
“Anthony Ray is extremely helpful and informative” - Nel
“He is always up to date on the latest immigration policies, and knows how to successfully address those challenges” - Pardis Quatrano
“His services are second to none” - Steve
The attorneys at Ray Law International are committed to providing clients in the United States and abroad with effective, innovative immigration solutions. We find fulfillment in advocating for our clients by helping them understand the immigration process and reach their goals. We offer services in English, Spanish, and Japanese.